Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Thank You Sir May I Have Another pt. 5

After writing my "Plea to the Street Preachers" I was given godly counsel to send it out to as many street preachers that I could. I knew there was a chance that some would take it the wrong way. I am posting the responses to my plea, so we can all learn from the street preachers where the flaws in my plea were. I want to say this...everyone of these guys has been doing it longer and in more places than me. They make some good points, so I want to share the responses from those that thought I was wrong in saying what I said.

This one is from Ruben Israel again...http://www.officialstreetpreachers.com

I have been in San Francisco this past weekend working with ‘the discoverychannel’ for a film that will be ready early next year. Thursday morning Iwill be leaving for South Dakota ‘Sturgis’ for about 5 days. Withthatsaid,I had not had time to respond to a reply by Shannon Young who posted back tome in private. But since this was done with an unasked cc list, I will respond in kind when I return from S.D. For those of you that wish to view this person, click the link below.

http://shannonyoung.blogspot.com:

I think if Shannon really heard the voice of God, he should have taken thismatter a different avenue, one that supports sound Biblical teaching.

Take this offence to that brother in question.

Take witnessesThen, take before the church.

But since he has cc’ed this list, I will ‘out him’ and place Shannon on the‘hot seat’ for a cluster of questions that he needs to answer, lest his name be tainted among us.

1) Have I ever preached with you?
1a) give dates, city, location1b whom on this cc list have you preached in public with?
2) Was your information regarding the mormnons given from God, someone elseor an article?2a) IF from God, please give me details
2b) words heard, dream, feeling, etc.
3) Have you every seen anyone on your cc list call a women a ‘whore’ just because she was a sinner walking?
3a) give me the name or names.
3b) what was the context of that conversation you overheard while callingsomeone a whore.
4) Have you ever seen anyone on this list wipe their back part with a mormon garment?
4a) please give a name/names of those that have done this
4b) or who told you this happened and did this person give you a name of whohe saw, heard or read about?
4c) what city did this happen?
5) Do you believe the Father/Holy Ghost/Jesus would have someone do or saysomething that contradicts the Bible?
6) You seem to make time and find email addresses of many active preachers, please give your reason why on each name/email you chose that person
7) How long have you been preaching in public?
8) How often do you travel outside the state in which you live to preach?
9) What were the names of those ‘godly counsel’ people that encouraged youto send your email? Names please.
10) Since a person REALLY has a ‘broken heart’ that would make it easy tosay ‘I’m sorry, I made a mistake’ I put the cart way before the horse, no?

Ruben Israel

(my reply is in the comments)

2 comments:

Mr. Young said...

Ruben,

How about when you're in a church and you preach on a sin that is present in that church, say, not being charitable. Shouldn't you go to each individual in that church that is not being charitable and, in private, instruct them to be charitable first? If they all repent, then you don't even have to preach that message! Or, maybe, when someone is not intending to point anybody out and is writing what essentially was just an article to preach certain principles, maybe Matthew 18 is not applicable to this situation...


1) Have I ever preached with you? - NO, I have never, ever preached with you, We have been at some of the same events…

1a) give dates, city, location – Hill Cumorah, Gay Pride Rochester, ect..

2) Was your information regarding the Mormons given from God, someone elseor an article? - Some was first hand; some was an article, none from God.

2a) IF from God, please give me details - NA

2b) words heard, dream, feeling, etc.- NA

3) Have you every seen anyone on your cc list call a women a ‘whore’ just because she was a sinner walking? - Nope, but check our Larry's video online "The Bleeping Truth" it's pt. 1.

3a) give me the name or names. - Again just look at the videos online...I think one guy gets beer thrown on him for calling a girl a whore, because she was wearing a bikini...at the beach...umm..

3b) what was the context of that conversation you overheard while calling someone a whore. - Does that matter? You can read in James Lyman's response to me his details.

4) Have you ever seen anyone on this list wipe their back part with a Mormon garment? - Nope, perhaps an urban legend. Read the article I wrote, I wrote it hypothetically.

4a) Please give a name/names of those that have done this - NA

4b) or who told you this happened and did this person give you a name of who he saw, heard or read about? - Names seem important to you, don't you just want to keep your attacks to me though?

4c) What city did this happen? - The legend would be from Hill Cumorah

5) Do you believe the Father/Holy Ghost/Jesus would have someone do or say
something that contradicts the Bible? - Absolutely not!

6) You seem to make time and find email addresses of many active preachers, please give your reason why on each name/email you chose that person, - you can get the list on a link from Larry's website...I think it was www.preachtruth.com/links that was my list, and some of the links though them. they are all active in street ministry.

7) How long have you been preaching in public? - 3 or 4 years, but I never make the papers. lol...

8) How often do you travel outside the state in which you live to preach? - None, I have a full time job, a family, a ministry...

9) What were the names of those ‘godly counsel’ people that encouraged youto send your email? Names please. - I don't know that those men would be interested in being recipients of your emails, so I am going to withhold their names.

10) Since a person REALLY has a ‘broken heart’ that would make it easy to say ‘I’m sorry, I made a mistake’ I put the cart way before the horse, no? - Yes it would!

Ruben, If my letter offended you, shouldn’t you have just e-mailed me?

oaMission said...

Since you posted to a public list it should be responded to publicly.

Kevin