Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Thank You Sir May I Have Another pt. 1

After writing my "Plea to the Street Preachers" I was given godly counsel to send it out to as many street preachers that I could. I knew there was a chance that some would take it the wrong way. I am posting the responses to my plea, so we can all learn from the street preachers where the flaws in my plea were. I want to say this...everyone of these guys has been doing it longer and in more places than me. They make some good points, so I want to share the responses from those that thought I was wrong in saying what I said.

This one is from Ruben Israel from http://www.officialstreetpreachers.com

Me - We can preach to homosexuals without calling them names, and you canpreach sin, righteousness and judgment. I have no qualms with telling themthat unless they repent they will likewise parish, but I don’t need to callthem fags! I was once told to preach to them like they were lost familymembers.
Ruben - Who on this list calls them ‘fags?’ I mainly use the word ‘sodomite’ or 'abomination’ as most on this list do. Whoever told you to preach to sodomites as lost family LIED to you. See the word ‘abomination’ for details, if you wish to speak as an Ambassador for the kingdom of God.

Me - We can preach to Mormons without calling them Morons, or pretending towipe our backsides with their religious material, and still in compassiontell them that the Jesus they worship is not the Jesus of the Bible and willtake them to Hell.
Ruben - I have been in Salt Lake City for years, and Mesa/hill cumorah this yearwaving the mormon garments but I have never seen anyone wipe their backside.I have heard the mormons accuse us of that and blowing our nose with their undergarments. Is this your source? Please produce names and have you personally seem this done?

Me - We do not need to see just how far we can push the police every time.Though there are times when we need to protect our unalienable rights, we doActs 5:29 as well as Romans 13:1-3 as best we can. If you bring yourtoothbrush street preaching you are premeditating your clash withauthorities.
Ruben - Do you know of anyone that packs a toothbrush with their Bible or are you stretching the story? I think most in this list try to avoid jail as preaching is the main goal. But produce names, dates, events please whereyou have witnessed it.

Me - The lost girl who is dresses immodestly, does not need to be called awhore…she is lost! How do you expect her to dress? What rules is shefollowing without Christ in her life?
Ruben - When someone on this list addresses a girl as a ‘whore’ on the street, eventor campus there is a reason, no one on this list just uses that word, just because. But again be more precise on whom and where.

1 comment:

Mr. Young said...

This reply was first sent only to Bro. Israel, but since he "outed" me..lol...I will post my answer to his first point.

Hey Brother Ruben,

I fear responding to you will only lead to fuel a fire that should not be fed, but I didn’t want to disrespect you by not answering either.

It is true that I’ve never heard anyone on the list calling homosexuals “Fags” that would be limited to a few online videos I saw a while ago, and the Phelps freaks. My situation was hypothetical. I said we could preach to them without calling them names. I’ve read on your site, why we should call them sodomites, but I think that calling them sodomites out of spite or for a reaction is name calling, and I don’t see Christ’s example of that. I see a very clear distinction of how He spoke to sinners in contrast to how he spoke to the religious leaders.

If the one who told me that preaching to a homosexual like a lost family member lied, that would be bad, since Proverbs 12:22 says that “lying lips are an abomination to the Lord”. Have your lost family members ever told a lie? Do you preach to them that same way you preach to sodomites?

I’m not trying to act smart to my elders, but you asked questions in your reply, and I’m assuming you wanted me to answer. If not I will not respond to the rest of the points.

Proverbs 6:19 says that it is an abomination to “sow discord among brethren”, I do NOT want to be guilty of that, and if I’ve sown discord between us, I am sorry. We will be out on the streets together again I’m sure; and we are on the same team, even if we are not on the same page.

In Christ,
Shannon Young