Sunday, August 17, 2008

Matthew 4:19

“And he saith unto them, Follow me and I will make you fishers of men.”

So there are two guys in a boat casting their nets into the sea, and Jesus decides that they need a career change.

I like this verse because it is a clear direction with a promised result. It says that the part about us actually being fishers of men is in His hand. It’s He that makes us to be fishers of men; we just need to follow Him.

Sounds easy right?

Mar 8:34 - And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

1Pe 2:21 - For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

No comments: