Friday, August 15, 2008

Matthew 1:21

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from thier sins."
---------------------------------------------------
The rescue mission of God's plan found in the name JESUS. From what I've read the name of Jesus is Yeshua which translates "Salvation" and the angel let's Joseph in on what God is doing. As I though on this verse I remembered the words from "Rock of Ages" and thought of what it means for JESUS to save His people from thier sins.

"Rock of Ages, cleft for me,Let me hide myself in Thee;Let the water and the blood,From Thy riven side which flowed, Be of sin the double cure; Save from wrath and make me pure."

Jesus saves from the eternal penalty of sin, but also the power of sin in our present life now.

Titus 2:14 - Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

No comments: