Sunday, September 30, 2007

Bad Mets, No Playoffs!


We interupt this normally spirit filled, Christ-centered, edifying blog to bring you todays sad, sad news...The New York Mets season has come to a horrible and painful end.

The Florida Marlins destroyed the Mets in an 8-1 blowout crushing thier playoff dreams, and my dreams of sitting on the couch watching the post-season with my beautiful wife. I love to hear her root against whoever the Mets are playing. She's sooo cute when she yells at the TV with me. (secretly I know she doesn't care, but she pretends to because she knows I like it)

Well...there's always the Yankee's to root against.

Anyhow I know that none of my five readers care about this stuff. They are all far to spiritual to watch any sports. They could care less about this stuff, but I had to pout a little.

In all reality I don't care all that much. I have way too much work, homework, lesson prep, sermon prep, daddy stuff, hubby stuff, ect... to care all that much. I actually think it may be the Lord's way of making sure I don't get to distracted this semester.

OK...I'm done! Forgive me for such an unspiritual post, I will try to be more edifying with the next post. Oh did I mention there's still the Yankee's to root against?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really have to work hard to choke away a 7 game lead with only 17 games to play.

Carlos Delgado: "Sometimes we can get a little careless...we get a little bored" - Ya think? I guess the Mets would support the 154 game schedule, eh?

The concern is that you plan to "Root against the Yankees" - And I always read this blog with the assumption that you were saved.

Mets miss the playoffs (again) - nothing new under the sun.

Hindsey said...

Why do I think that last comment was a comment from the very famous sports blogger, Rik Benson?

Anyway, I have to agree with Rik... Go Yankees!

Mr. Young said...

I wish I had an argument... I have nothing to say...I just wimper and sob periodically.

Go Indians!

So much for two of my readers being so spiritual : )

Alex said...

Well, look on the bright side. Now you have more time to switch over to football and enjoy Tony Romo and the Cowboys rack up the win column! :o)

Hindsey said...

Shannon, make that three of your readers :)

Aaron Putney said...

Please remove the link to my blog from yours - thanks...

:)

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Man, the last time I saw a team choke like this is when the Yankees were up three games to none in a best of seven series in the 2004 playoffs. They became the first team ever in baseball to squander away that much of a lead.

Mr. Young said...

I guess I need to clarify... One of my Five readers is too spiritual to care about such things. The other four are, well... you know....

Anonymous said...

If the Red Sox could win anything other than that one time over the last 90 years or so, then good and decent (for Red Sox fans of course) people like "Michael & Erika Barone" would be able to move beyond that one moment. How many years ago was that? Move one will you? But alas, I guess when you only have one...

Anyway, the focus of this blog has become a stumbling block to me and is keeping me from profitable discussions.

Mr. Young said...

Well... so much for the spirituality of my readers.