Monday, October 15, 2007

This Isn't What It Looks Like

NO, NO, NO, We do NOT Celebrate Halloween in this Family! I know a few of you guys just have written me off as a backslidder, Two Baseball post, and now this? NO, I want to be clear my family does not celebrate Halloween...We just carved these to scare off wandering spirits.

OK, now that I've lost most of my readers, please forgive the sarcasm. We sell Pumpkins, so of course my girls were just dying to have Daddy carve them, and Daddy caved. Well, it's not that I caved, but I decided that we were going to carve pumpkins this year. We have never done it, because as a family we do not celebrate Halloween. We don't...really I just wanted to roast the seeds...you had to know it had to do with food, right?

Really I'm not for Halloween, and I know plenty of reasons not to celebrate it...I even know there are some good reasons not to carve jack-o-lanterns, that's why I just carved a silly face into a pumpkin, It was just a special time for Daddy and His girls, and it made a cute photo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify, you are not going to be teaching Sunday the 28th are you? I know Alex does a good job not caving to all the sunday school kids who are starving for candy and see it being a "to the greeks became I as a greek" type of thing...
(Wow, that was the first time I have ever applied my vast Greek knowledge to anything...)
And if it was just a pumpkin seed, family fun thing, how do you explain what happened to that cat in the background?

Mr. Young said...

Wait till you see what the SS kids win if they complete their Bible reading Challenge...hehehe...

Alex said...

They are pretty cool prizes. It doesn't get much more "in your face" than that.

David S Baker said...

this is a very cute pic, the kids just love doing this stuff.i enjoy this every year with my little girl. i really don't care why others do it, or whrere it came from i know why we do it. if i where to apply most reasons people do not do halloween to something like christmas we could say it was wrong as well. but i don't have a prob with it. and most people who will not carve a pumpkin will drag tree's into their houses..... it makes no sense to me.... but then again... what do i know....anyway what i meant to say was it is a really cute pic!!