Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A Small Ouch from Andrew Murray

I didn’t have anything for you today, so I’m just going to leave this quote from a book called “Humility”, nothing I would ever post of my own would hurt as much as this. The first time I read this I set the book down and literally cried at my selfishness, and arrogance. I re-read it often to remind myself that it’s not who I am at church or at the prayer meeting, or before God…but to who I am when it’s just Jen and I, or the kids and I, or me at work, or just me and my thoughts…

This lesson is one of deep importance. The only humility that is really ours is not that which we try to show before God in prayer, but that which we carry out, in our ordinary conduct. The insignificances of daily life are the importances and the tests of eternity because they prove what spirit really possesses us. It is in our most unguarded moments that we really show and see what we are.”
- Andrew Murray

2 comments:

Hindsey said...

That must just be a problem that you deal with, Shannon... I've pretty much got the humility thing licked. I'm probably the most humble person that I know.

Anonymous said...

I am certainly more humble than you Hindsey...In fact I am so much more humble, I post this anonymously.

See I told you I was better at being humble.