Sunday, June 17, 2007

Comedy of Errors

Ok so there is really nothing spiritual about this post, but it’s too funny not to share. Today is Mrs. Young and my 7th anniversary, She’s gotten prettier everyday, and her cooking just gets better…that’s probably why my pants have gotten tighter…oh well. For our Anniversary I decided to be the romantic and take her away to Niagara Falls for a night away from the housework and home school, and the kids and the parents ect… and stay in a luxurious hotel suite where we could relax and enjoy time together.
Ha ha ha…This trip turned out to be a comedy of errors to such a point that I had to write about it.

When you only have one night to get away you need to make it special, but when only one of the two draws a paycheck (and not a real impressive one) we need to be quite frugal, and creative, but being frugal and creative can have it’s drawbacks…here are some tips that will warn and alert you to such drawbacks…

Tip # 1 – When planning on a one night excursion it is crucial to get out of the house as early as possible. This will allow you to enjoy as much “vacation” time as possible. – We however did not get out with such luck. Mrs. Young’s Mom was our Babysitter, and had to work a full day, about the time when we were expecting her to be home we got a phone call saying that she was “almost” ready to leave, but had to finish up a few last things. We got a really late start, but finally she was home and we were clear to leave.

Tip # 2 – Having reliable transportation will make getting there and back a breeze – After finally getting into the van to go I turned the key to the sound of nothing…(turned it again) still nothing….Mrs. young pointed back to the back lights above where the girls sit, they had been on all night and my battery was dead! We had to take my mother-in-laws little Chevy Cavalier (powered by squirrels)

Tip # 3 - Just because a hotel is in the city of Niagara Falls does not mean that it is anywhere near the “Falls” or that it is in a nice area. – We were miles from the “Falls” and pretty much surrounded by the ghetto. (The American side of the “Falls” is horribly run down…It’s really a shame)

Tip # 4 – Just because the room in the picture online looks good does not mean the room you get when you get there does. – It was ok, but really it looked old, and not that well maintained. (I can’t complain really, I’ve stayed in worse)

Tip # 5 – Just because you reserve a Jacuzzi suite does not mean the people at the front desk are going to put you in a Jacuzzi suite…Upon getting to our room I quickly noticed there was no Jacuzzi. I went down to the front desk and told them someone had stole the Jacuzzi out of our room…she was not really impressed with my attempt at humor. She told me that she really didn’t think it would be important, so she switched our room to one without a Jacuzzi…um…er…really? So like when I specifically asked on the phone for the Jacuzzi Suite you thought I was just concerned with the suite part huh? Oh Well.

Ok we finally got checked in to a room with a Jacuzzi, and we getting all ready to go out to see the “Falls” I got directions from the lady at the front desk (I’m not sure what makes me ask the person who couldn’t figure out I wanted a Jacuzzi in my Jacuzzi Suite for directions, but anyways…) I started out and realized this was just a bad idea. It was light when I left, but it was getting dark and there was no way I was going to be able to get around down there in the dark with my eyesight and all those one way streets. So we headed back to the hotel area to try and find a restaurant.

Tip # 6 – Just because the restaurant is in the US doesn’t necessarily mean the people who work there speak English – This was actually one of the highlights of the trip. We ate at a place called “India Kitchen” but when we got there we were greeted by a very immodestly dressed blonde Indian girl (…um…) and she didn’t speak English. Luckily she figured out we wanted a table, and the manager (I think) came out to wait on us. He was great, and the food was spectacular. I loved it, and good food makes a good vacation in spite of all the little problems.

Tip # 7 – Using a credit card for purchases when on vacation allows you to travel without the worry of cash being lost or stolen… however… - We tried to pay with the card at the counter, the very polite man politely said “I’m sorry you’re card is declined” what? No way! So I paid with the debit card and we went back to the hotel. After calling the credit card company we discovered that earlier that day we had made a $475 purchase online to Sam Goody music, and $230 at familyancestry.com (you know anything about this Andy???) jk! Well someone had stolen our card number and they had to shut down our account and there went that!

Well dinner was excellent and we went back to our hotel and the rest of the trip went pretty good, but really it was a comedy of errors. We had a great time in spite of it all, and as much as I’d like to sound spiritual and say that at every trial I was asking “Lord what wilt thou have me to do” I really was just laughing at how everything was going wrong, and we were still having fun. I am blessed with a wonderful wife, and I’ve had 7 wonderful years married to her, and Lord willing I will have many more.

Ok that was my story… I will do my best to write posts with spiritual content in the future and I vow that I will never again post anything with the word “Jacuzzi” in as many times as it appeared in this post.

6 comments:

Aaron Putney said...

You are the best Shannon! Your humor in that debacle is great, what an attitude - no wonder you had fun despite it. I am sorry to hear of all the issues with the vehicle, room, location, time of departure, CC, restaurant etc though - what a time. I remember after our wedding reception we were given a ride back to the church where our old van had been left. It had a dead battery. So our honeymoon began at Sears! We had also been encouraged to bring along some wedding cake in some tin foil in a cooler as we went to the poconos - a couple days later it sounded pretty good so I reached in and without really looking took a bite...there was a carpet of mold all over it. So my new bride was challenged early with nurse duty :)
Of course nothing could dull the wonderful time we had anyway! Thanks for sharing your adventure, may you have a wonderful rest of your lives together serving Christ wherever He leads, your family is a blessing!

Hindsey said...

No, I can't remember what I got for $230 Shannon, there were so many things... Though, you'll have to come over and listen to the new CDs I got. I even got a bluegrass one, knowing you would like it!

Hee Hee Hee - Sarah & I took the family to Columbus, OH, for the weekend. We stayed at a lovely suite, went to the park, ate dinner where they spoke English, it was a great time :)

Michael & Erika Barone said...

This is classic! I was laughing out loud reading it! The "someone stole the jucuzzi out of my room" had me rolling!

Anonymous said...

Good post.

xxx stories said...

She wont be party to creating amonster. I just wish Dr.
best rape stories ever
girl dog fuck stories
granny lesbian and girl sex stories
xnxx stories mom washed my cock
male submission stories xnxx
She wont be party to creating amonster. I just wish Dr.

lesbian nipple stories said...

Johns legs pinned mine, spreadoutwards revealing my pussy to the world. Wheres the truckstop waitress.
sexy short stories
sexy erotic stories
free family incest stories
alt sex stories
male masturbation swallow sperm stories
Johns legs pinned mine, spreadoutwards revealing my pussy to the world. Wheres the truckstop waitress.